Tuesday, January 12, 2010

my alphbography

O is for October

October was the month is was born in . I was born on October 7th 1997. I like the day i was born because it is close to thanksgiving and so it is pretty cool. The only thing i don't like about October is that it is cold, wet, and damp, and i didn't grow up living with the coldness, the wetness, or the dampness, so i am still not used to it, and that is why i really don't like October.

I have a lot of family members that are born in October, and they are all pretty much really close together, except mine. For example, my oldest sisters birthday is the 24th of October, and my Grandmothers is the 25th of October.

October was the 8th month in the early roman calender, and 8 happens to be my favorite number, and it is the 10th month in the calender we use today, and the birthday i remember the most is when i turned 10. When i woke up the morning of my 10th birthday, i was so exited and i was going around saying," i am now a decade old!"

Every month has a ,"birth flower," and Octobers is a Calendula or a cosmos. these flowers mean joy and modesty. A Calendula is a orange peachy colour and a cosmos is bright pink. The only thing i can think of comparing these flowers to personal thing is that pink is my second favorite colour.

Again every month has a ,"birth stone," Octobers is opal. The colours of an opal stone are White, red, pink, violet and blue. I have a little piggy bank that is a pig, that i got when i was a baby, and when i was born people put there blessings into it, and on the back of it, it has the opal rock and it says the meaning of it too.

By: Brenna Thomson 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment