Tuesday, March 2, 2010

B is for birds

I have had many birds in my life, mostly in Dubai, and they were all budgies.

All the birds we got at first either died because they flew away, got attacked by a cat, or just suddenly died, but we never gave up.

This bad luck continued for a while, until I went outside and I saw poor little green bird hiding underneath a table. I called my mom, she came outside and picked up the little bird with a towel. we then cleaned her and fed her as well. I decided to name her lucky because right after we got her inside there was a bad storm, so she was lucky we found her. My sister Taryn didn't like the name lucky because it was to common, so we started calling her ducky, I don't know why, it just sort of caught on.

We put her in the cage with sunny and Dood, the two birds that had survived for a while, and they were both very accepting. We had to move Sunny out of that cage because he was too in love with ducky that he wasn't letting her get to the food. After that her and Dood had many babies. Enough for exactly everyone in our family, even Buffy. They were so ugly that they were cute.

All the excitement ended when we had to sell every bird because we were moving back to Canada, I was very sad. Luckily Dood and Sunny didn't sell, and they are still alive today.


Life lesson

If you do something good for anyone or anything, you will feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment